Want to level up your photography skills? Try digiscoping! Outdoor-Optics has a list of the best scopes on the market today that will help you step up your game.
Digiscoping is the use of a spotting scope as the lens for your mobile phone or digital camera. It will help you take better photos in various situations. It can step up your game since you’ll be able to produce clearer shots of nature and animals such as birds. This is an excellent practice that has been popular among birdwatchers for some time now, and even non-birdwatchers practice it because of the advantages it can offer. It’ll make you want to take a lot of pictures of wildlife, sports, and other subjects!
Digiscoping is the practice that will make you do more with your camera. It would seem like the possibilities are endless. Well, the limit depends on the magnification power of your scope, but you can always purchase another scope if the zoom no longer meets your standards or needs.
I know you want to try digiscoping soon, so here are some tips for you:
- Select your ISO carefully. The higher the ISO, the faster and more you can take pictures. However, the quality will be decreased if you increase the ISO.
- Take a photo as if you’re taking pictures normally. Consider the necessary factors: light, color, air quality, and angle.
- If you know how to post-process a photo, then don’t spend too much time trying to get the “perfect” photo. You can crop or edit later on using a software.
- Get yourself a quality tripod. To help you stabilize your images, get a quality tripod for your camera and scope.
- Allow more light in by changing your aperture priority mode.
- Remember to take other essential gears like batteries and memory cards before you go out and take pictures.
- Try birdwatching. Study the birds’ habits. They’re great subjects for digiscoping.
- Take a lot of photos. Delete the bad ones after you’re done with the session.
- Take your time to focus on the subject even if the subject is moving.
Digiscoping is fun and an excellent way to hone your photography skills. It will challenge you to the next level. It’s not much of a burden to bring a spotting scope too because you can purchase portable ones that offer excellent lens quality. Whether you’ll try it soon or not, just remember to enjoy what you’re doing when you’re at it.